I need a book or article that is not available at the Muntz Library. How can I get it? Last Updated: Oct 10, 2018 Views: 187
To borrow a book or receive a copy of a journal article which is unavailable in the Muntz Library's holdings, you may request the item through Interlibrary Loan Services (ILS). Interlibrary loan is available to all currently enrolled UT Tyler students, faculty and staff.
On the Library website, scroll down and click on Borrow from another library. Enter your University email and password when prompted.
Note for faculty and staff: You can now login with your regular credentials and if you are on campus, you will be auto-logged in.
If you are a new user, your account will be created when you log in using your University email and password.
Order an interlibrary loan:
- Log into your ILL account
- Click on 'Create Request'
- Complete the online form
- Indicate the Request Type: Article / Book / Other
- Describe the item you want, fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
- Indicate Service Type under About my request: COPY / LOAN
- Complete delivery information - Longview, Palestine, Houston, and Distance students should use their current mailing address
- Click 'Submit Request'
Requests may also be generated by clicking on 'Borrow from another library' links within databases. Once logged in, the request form will be partially generated with the information for the item requested.
If you experience problems or cannot log into an existing account, please call Interlibrary Loan Services at 903.566.7396 or e-mail email@example.com.