How do I initiate an interlibrary loan request within a database? Last Updated: Oct 08, 2020 Views: 79
To submit a request through Interlibrary Loan Services (ILS) directly from a database:
- Locate the item's detailed record by using one of UT Tyler Library's subscribed databases, such as WorldCat or CINAHL.
- Click on the Borrow From Another Library link within the detailed record to be redirected to the login screen. Log in using your Patriot ID and password. If you are already logged into your ILLiad account, you will be directed to the auto-filled request.
- Complete all required fields which are indicated by an asterisk.
- The amount you are willing to pay must be manually entered. Enter 0 (zero) if you do not wish to pay for the item. All requests will be sent to free lenders first. If no free lender is found, the maximum amount you enter will be a determining factor in sending the request to other lenders. If you are willing to pay for an item, it is suggested that you enter a minimum of $15 in the Applicable Charges field. Charges are incurred when the item ships from the lending library.
- Click the Submit Request button at the bottom.
Before requesting an interlibrary loan, please check the Library's catalog for books or databases for full-text articles to see if the item is available. Books currently checked out may be requested through ILS. Faculty may request currently available library owned books and articles through ILS.