I need a book or article that is not available at the Muntz Library. How can I get it? Last Updated: May 03, 2017 Views: 106
To borrow a book or receive a copy of a journal article which is unavailable in the Muntz Library's holdings, you must request the item through Interlibrary Loan Services (ILS). Interlibrary loan is available to all currently enrolled UT Tyler students, faculty and staff.
Set up an ILLiad account - New Users Only:
- On the Library website, scroll down and click on Borrow from another library
- Enter your Patriot username and password
- First-time users will be redirected to the ILLiad registration form. Complete the form.
- Delivery location - Tyler, Longview, Palestine, Internet
- Choose the campus closest to you or 'Internet' if you are a distance student
- Preferred Delivery Method - Articles & Loans (Note: Most articles are delivered electronically)
- Students taking classes on Tyler campus - Hold for Pickup
- Distance, Longview, and Palestine students - Mail to Address
Order an interlibrary loan:
- Log into your Illiad account to access Main Menu. If you just registered, you will be redirected to Main Menu.
- Click on 'New Request' on the left side of the page
- Choose the type of request you are placing (Article, Book, Book Chapter, Conference Paper, Musical Score, Report, Thesis)
- Complete the request form with as much information as possible. Fields marked with asterisk must be completed. Applicable Charges may be zero if you do not wish to pay for the item. If a free loan cannot be obtained, the request will be canceled with email notification.
- Click 'Submit Request'
Requests may also be generated by clicking on 'Borrow from another library' links within databases. You will be redirected to the login page. Once logged in, the request form will be partially generated with the information for the item requested. Applicable Charges must be entered manually.
If you experience problems or cannot log into an existing account, please call Interlibrary Loan Services at 903.566.7396 or e-mail email@example.com.