How do I initiate an ILLiad (interlibrary loan) request within a database? Last Updated: Oct 03, 2018 Views: 67
To submit a request through Interlibrary Loan Services (ILS) directly from a database:
- Locate the item's detailed record by using one of UT Tyler Library's subscribed databases, such as WorldCat or CINAHL.
- Click on the 'Borrow From Another Library' link within the detailed record to be redirected to the InterLibrary Loan login screen.
- Log in using your Patriot ID and password. If you do not have an ILL account, you will be directed to a registration page.
- If you do have an account the request will be auto-populated with bibliographic details. All categories with asterisks are required.
- The amount you are willing to pay should be manually entered. This is the amount you are willing to pay if the item cannot be located free of charge.
- Click the Submit Request button at the bottom.
Before requesting an interlibrary loan, please check the Library's catalog for books or databases for full-text articles to see if the item is available. Books currently checked out may be requested through ILS. Faculty may request currently available library owned books and articles through ILS.