How do I find out if the Library is closed due to bad weather? Last Updated: Jun 21, 2018 Views: 74
In some situations, the Library may be forced to close. The most common situation involves bad weather, such as ice, heavy snow, tornadoes, and flooding. Here are a few tips to help you stay up-to-date when bad weather is occurring on campus:
1. Make sure you are signed up for PatriotALERT so that you will receive notifications by email, voice, and text messaging when the entire University unexpectedly closes. Read more about and sign up for PatriotALERT.
2. Remember that any time the University closes due to bad weather, the Library will close also. Check the University's website for any announcement.
3. If you're ever unsure if the Library is open or not, feel free to give us a call to find out: 903.566.7342 or 903.566.7343.
4. Local media outlets will also broadcast University closures.
5. Your safety is important. If you are off campus and bad weather is occurring, wait until the weather improves before coming to campus. If you are on campus, try to stay put until the bad weather passes. Use common sense and follow the directions of University personnel and police officers during all major weather events.