How do I initiate an ILLiad (interlibrary loan) request within a database?
To submit a request through Interlibrary Loan Services (ILS) directly from a database:
- Locate the item's detailed record by using one of UT Tyler Library's subscribed databases, such as WorldCat.
- Click on the 'Borrow From Another Library' link within the detailed record to be redirected to the ILLiad log in screen.
- Log into ILLiad using your Patriot ID and password. If you do not have an account, see How do I register with the ILLiad system?
- The form will be auto-populated with bibliographic details.
- Applicable Charges must be manually entered. This is the amount you are willing to pay if the item cannot be located free of charge. If you do not wish to pay for the item, enter 0 (zero) and you will receive a cancellation notice if a free lender is not found.
- Click the Submit Request button
Before requesting an interlibrary loan, please check the Library's catalog for books or databases for articles to see if the item is available. Books currently checked out may be requested through ILS. Faculty may request currently available library owned books and articles through ILS.