What is TexShare and how do I get a TexShare card?
The UT Tyler Library is proud to participate in the TexShare program. TexShare allows students, faculty, and staff of UT Tyler to borrow items from other participating libraries in the state of Texas. You can find more information about TexShare by visiting the TexShare website.
To apply for a TexShare card, you must be a currently enrolled student or employed faculty or staff member. Simply complete the online Application for a TexShare Card. Using your university email, send your request as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Circulation staff at 903.566.7342 for further assistance if needed.
TexShare cards can be picked up in the library or mailed. Please bring your UT Tyler P2 card when picking your card up in person.
To use your TexShare card, you will be required to present it at any of the participating libraries in the state of Texas. You may also be required to present a photo ID. Some important points to remember are:
- Not all libraries in Texas participate in the TexShare program. Be sure to check with your local libraries to see if they will accept your TexShare card. You may also Find A Library by name, city, county, or zip code on the TexShare website.
- TexShare borrowing privileges will vary for each library.
- UT Tyler TexShare cards are available to current students, staff, and faculty members. Students must be enrolled in at least one class during the semester the TexShare card is active.
- TexShare cards expire at the end of the current semester and an application must be submitted to obtain a new card.
- All material borrowed using a TexShare card is the responsibility of the card owner.
- Lost or stolen cards must be immediately reported to the Circulation Desk at 903.566.7342 or email email@example.com.
- TexShare cards are not accepted at any libraries outside of Texas.
Answers to questions about TexShare may be found on the TexShare website or by calling our Circulation Desk.